This course is designed to train competent CR1 wearers to instructor level. It is aimed at members of HART in order to maintain the national resilience programme in relation to CBRN events. It is delivered through a bespoke HART CBRN Instructor course at the Police CBRN Centre.
On completion of the course the student will have the competence to provide instruction in both CR1 initial courses and on-going training.
Intended Learning Outcomes
The course maps to the following HART National CPD Modules:
- IRU/6 CR1
The course is for employees of the NHS Ambulance Service, and is aimed primarily at members of HART.
Each candidate must be trained in CR1 prior to attending the course and be competent wearers. In addition to this the delegate must hold a current teaching/instructional award or be working towards such a qualification.
Methods of Delivery
The course will contain both a theoretical and practical assessment in which minimum pass levels will apply.
If you have any additional education needs which may impact on your learning please ensure the course lead is made aware prior to your attendance. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dress code is uniform for the duration of the course.
Please be advised that the dress for all guests in the mess is smart, respectable and non-revealing and the following items are not to be worn in the public rooms (Dining Room/Bar/TV Rooms) of the mess at any time:
- T-shirts without collar
- Sweatshirts/shirts without collar
- Rugby/football tops
- Ripped, torn, faded or denim jeans
- Skirts/dresses shorter than mid-thigh
- Shorts, shell/track suits, hoodies and clothing worn for sports and physical training
- Trainers, flip-flops, sandals or slippers
- Bomber/ski jackets and body warmers including fleece jackets (cloakrooms are provided for outdoor coats)
Accommodation is provided as part of the course at the College of Policing.
The course will contain both a theoretical and practical assessment in which minimum pass levels will apply. Therefore, students should have a good understanding of both elements of this level of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Full CR1 training ensemble
- Water bottle (to refill from our water fountain, we no longer supply bottled water)
- HART-specification protective boots
- Second pair of trust issue footwear for classroom/dining
- Notebook and pen